There are two types of test settings ie, GENERAL SETTINGS, ADVANCED SETTINGS. To access it, go to Home page > Test > Select and test > General settings & Advanced settings.
1. GENERAL SETTINGS
- Under general settings, the admin can configure the Test name, set Duration in (minutes), and set an overall test Cut-off percentage
- Scroll down to an editable section of instructions content, where the Admin can provide instructions to test takers beforehand. Text formatting options can also be used for any highlights, hyperlinks, etc.
- Choose the test Difficulty level. Note that the level is subjective and can vary from one organization to another. Choosing a difficulty level works best when the mentioned difficulty level of each problem is taken into consideration while arriving at an overall test difficulty level.
- Lastly, under the general settings, choose tags that will help in organizing the test for better discoverability/management and click on 'save details' to save the general settings.
2. ADVANCED SETTINGS
- Public access settings
- Public access URL: as the name suggests, this test link, when made 'public' can be accessible by anyone with the link. The URL post forward-slash (/) needs to be defined to make it a unique test URL
- Access password: The admin can set a password and anyone with the link needs to enter this password to access the test.
- Candidate data settings: Customize what data you're capturing from the candidates who take this test. All this data will be part of the test report. If you've enabled DoSelect profile completion, you shall be able to see extra data about the candidate from sources like GitHub and Stack Overflow.
- Custom Fields: This option will simply enable the admin to create additional fields to capture any candidate data that may be important in making the talent decision.
- Proctoring settings: Choose from varying levels of proctoring options to make the test robust and minimize changes of any malpractices:
- Enable Secure Mode: The secure mode includes features like Enforce full-screen during the test, Track tab activity, Disable copy-paste of solutions, Prevent multi-window test sessions, and Capture browser fingerprint.
- Browser Tolerance: Browse tolerance is setting a limit on the number of times a candidate is allowed to jump out of the test window. On opting for browser tolerance, the admin needs to further choose between 1-10 warnings or define a custom number of warnings. During the test, if the tolerance limit is crossed, the test will get auto-submitted.
- Enable webcam proctoring & Show warnings: The proctoring engine starts taking images of the screen on instances where the test taker's face is not clearly seen. The suspicious images are flagged in the report. Enabling show warnings is letting the test takers know about the count of warnings left.
- Time settings: Take control of the start time, end time, and expiry date of the test:
- Start and end date: By adding a start and end time for this test, you can restrict the duration in which this test will be accessible to the candidates. Your Account Time-zone is Asia/Kolkata. You can change it from your Account Settings.
- Strict end time: Set an end time to submit all active tests at the above ending time.
- Expiry: Set the number of days from creation to control how long before an invite expires.
- Reporting settings:
- Test administrators: The admin can add multiple test administrators by adding their email addresses.
- Send email reports to the candidate: Once the test is over the organizer can opt to send email test reports to the test takers.
- Post-test confirmation: Send a customizable message to the candidates after they've taken the test.
- Invitation settings:
- Message: Add a customized note to send to the candidates with the email invitation.
- Reminders: Email is basically when you are sending a reminder email to the candidate to take the test. Define a customizable reminder and also define days before the test it needs to go
- Support settings: Add support contacts here. Candidates will be able to see this information in the invitation email and in the test window. DoSelect support phone number and email id will be mentioned. In case if the admins' team wants to add their team's email Id and phone number they can easily add it here.
- Test completion redirect: Set this to redirect the candidates to another URL after the test is finished.
- Test sections: Set this to show section names to candidates. Uncheck this if you have divided the test sections on criteria that should not be visible to candidates (for example, on the basis of problem types and their difficulty levels)
'Save Details' and That's it! you have completed the test settings.